Fresh with Anna Olson
Anna's kitchen changes with the seasons.
- In spring, you'll find fresh pea soup with mint simmering on the stove,
In summer, cherries are baked into golden pies,
In fall, roasted root vegetables are served with a warm vinaigrette, and
In winter, prime rib is cooked to perfection with mushrooms and pan juices.
An excursion to a local cheese maker, peach farm, or pumpkin patch is often all that's needed to inspire a memorable menu; each chapter begins with a description of Anna's own seasonal visits to food producers near her home.
The recipes are delectable, easy to prepare, and peppered with Anna's personal anecdotes. Anna also provides helpful tips and techniques to ensure that your time in the kitchen is not just successful, but fun, too.
Experience the seasons with Anna through recipes like:
- Goat Cheese Gnocchi with Sweet Pepper Coulis
- Corn and Shrimp Fritters with Cucumber Remoulade
- Summer Fruits with Icewine Sabayon
- Whole Roasted Pork Loin with Pears and Orange
- Swiss Chard with Pine Nuts and Pan-Roasted Garlic
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Pan-Roasted Trout with Leeks and Brown Butter
- Strawberry Meringue Tarts