Spark continual creative growth for both learners and educators.
Creativity is a key ingredient for success in the knowledge economy of the 21st century, where skills such as collaboration, communication, and critical thinking are central. Most educators agree that encouraging creativity must become a central goal in the classroom, but they face an ongoing struggle to build and maintain an environment that promotes their students’ creative development.
In Creative Development: Transforming Education through Design Thinking, Innovation, and Invention, Robert Kelly equips educators with the theory, strategies, and tactics that allow creativity to flourish. Creative Development features voices from the field to showcase practical, real-life examples of successfully fostering creative development in education.
- How to create an educational culture conducive to creative development.
- Effective instructional design and assessment as creativity.
- Bridging the gap between design thinking and design doing.
- Teacher education and training for creative classrooms.
- Key vocabulary and theory in the field of creativity.