Garden Design for the Short Season Yard
The only garden design book written just for the Canadian prairies
Tired of advice for gorgeous yards that can only be created in climates like California, southern Ontario or Victoria? Author Lyndon Penner wrote Garden Design for the Short Season Yard for you, because he knows prairie gardeners face challenges no one faces in gentler climates.
Anyone can learn the basics of garden design. In this accessible guide, you’ll discover the pros’ secrets: practical ways to transform your yard using basic design principles. You can create an aesthetically pleasing yard that meets your needs, whether you want stunning curb appeal, privacy, low maintenance, or a lush retreat. You’ll develop your eye for design with Lyndon’s short critiques of gardens, both good and bad. You’ll also find worksheets to help you design your own garden.
With his signature style and wit, Lyndon delivers his expert advice for a four-season makeover for your yard. Topics include:
- Elements of design, such as scale, balance, texture, colour and repetition.
- Choosing a theme and a focal point.
- Weather, diseases and pests.
- Low-maintenance, water-wise, and shade gardening.
- Trees, perennials, annuals and permanent garden features.