Lab Literacy for Canadian Doctors
Choosing wisely for better patient care.
Lab Literacy for Canadian Doctors is an affordable and comprehensive pocket guide for choosing appropriate lab tests. It quickly and efficiently improves patient care through better test decisions for clinical situations. This unique resource reduces the risks of: ordering the wrong test, not clearly understanding test results and options, delaying treatments, and making misdiagnoses. Refer to this essential guide for:
- Diagnostic algorithms.
- Advice and information on lab errors, false positives and negatives, and blood and tissue collection.
- A quick index summarizing the clinical utility of common tests.
- Sections on dermatology, ENT and respiratory system, endocrine system, fatigue, GI and hepatic system, gynecology and pregnancy, routine screening, and more.
- Protocols for screening tests that follow Canadian guidelines.
- Values in both conventional and SI units.