Elephants Before Unicorns
You start by viewing your company through the EQ lens to discover your organizational obstacles—theelephants standing in the way of your company's success.
Headhunter and executive coach Caroline Stokes delivers a blend of recruiting and emotional intelligence strategies essential to helping you identify and tackle your elephants and acquire and retain key hires—thoseunicorns—that will help your company stand out, stay resilient, and drive growth.
Each chapter walks you through an organizational obstacle, gives you easy-to-implement advice, unpacks a key emotional intelligence factor, and offers questions for reflection so you can unlock your team's ability to hire the best candidates for the job. You'll also learn how to:
- Take ahuman-centric approach to your recruiting process
- Create an onboarding process that fits yourcompany culture
- Deliver honest feedback withemotional intelligence andempathy
- Sharpen your negotiating skills so you can focus on what matters most to key hires
- Break your team's addiction to busy and reclaim your creativity
- Find the root cause of yourfake unicorns
Plus, get an inside look at how industry leaders are setting the pace for diversity, inclusion, and support to help you navigate today's workplace landscape.